Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Data collection done

For the past 4 months, the bulk of my time at school has been devoted to working on my master's thesis; specifically, collecting the data. When I proposed my thesis back in October, I had set the goal of recruiting 20 subjects (10 controls, 10 experimentals). However, last week we decided to end the data collection at 14 subjects because recruitment was getting to be quite difficult, particularly for the experimental group, for reasons beyond my control. So now, I am officially finished collecting data for my master's thesis, and now comes the fun part-analyzing the results. Today, I mostly finished running the statistics, and I got a few results that I did not expect, and I'm not quite sure yet how I'm going to explain them. I have a meeting with my thesis advisor tomorrow morning, so hopefully when the two of us put our heads together, we will come up with some ideas of how to go about discussing our results.

No comments: