Sunday, May 25, 2008

Laziness

Well it's summer, at least if you're mind runs on the academic calendar. Graduation was 2 weeks ago, my master's thesis is completed done and submitted, so I am very much on summer vacation. I am trying to make the most of it by being really lazy. Now, I must say that this is not hard for me to do at all, because I am really really good a finding trivial things to do to pass time, like playing Tetris on my computer, surfing the NBC Olympics website (Go Team USA!), sleeping late, and the like. But I have done a few productive things, like getting the oil changed in the car, grocery shopping, and cleaning the house once. And I'm still going running 5 days a week and doing resistance training; gotta keep in shape for the Blue Ridge Relay in September. The laziness will be slightly interrupted in June because I'm teaching a PE class during second summer session, and I will probably also shave down my master's thesis into something that could be submitted for publication.

In the meantime, I don't feel terribly bad about my laziness because my advisor, Dr. B., told me to make sure I get lots of rest this summer because all the craziness will start again in the fall with the PhD program.

1 comment: