Sunday, February 15, 2009

Two new baby arrivals, among other soon-to-be-arriving babies

I would like to send a shout out to two couples we know who have recently given birth.

The first is to our friends John and Ashley, who were former small group members now living in FL. Their baby boy Andrew was born on Feb. 6th (original due date was March 15). Although he's slightly preemie, he seems to be doing quite well.

The second is to my PhD advisor Dr. B. and his wife Becca on the birth of their 3rd child, Vincent. He was born yesterday, 6 days early, but weighed in at almost 9 lbs. Good thing he showed up a few days early!

There are several couples who are next in line to give birth before the end of the semester, assuming everyone sticks to their original due date, which as we can see from above, is not always the case! First up is grad school friends Brian and Deborah on the 19th, second is my cousin Jen and her husband Jonathan on the 20th, third is exercise physiology faculty Kristin and her husband Chris on the 28th, fourth is Andy and Michelle on April 22nd, fifth is me and Ben on April 27th, and 6th is Ben's brother Andy and his wife Anne on April 29th.

I know I will eat my words later, but I am very much hoping that Ally does not come early. I hope that she stays in there past her due date. Ben and I really need to finish the semester before she comes! Actually, I think it would be cool if she were born on May 8th so that she could share a birthday with her Aunt Megan.

1 comment:

Johnny, Ashley, and Andrew said...

Hi Beth! Thanks for the shout out! I hope everything is going great. Andrew is good, but chooses to be very active at night. We miss you guys and hope to see you soon. We may get up there for a wedding in Sept. and maybe our little ones can play! Take care, John