Friday, August 28, 2009

First week of school

It is that time again: the start of a new school year. After being a stay-at-home mom for the summer, I am now back at school full-time. I will admit, I am glad to be back, although I do miss seeing Ally during the day. I do have a picture of her as my desktop computer background, so at least I can look at her when I want.

Ally now goes to a home daycare about 1.5 miles from our house. She is with 4 other little girls and she is the only baby. Her daycare provider is a Colombian woman, whose family is also parishoners at our church. Ally cried for a little bit the first day, but now she seems to be doing just fine. One thing's for sure, she's definitely getting to see a lot of excitement with 4 other little girls around.

Ben had planning week this week, where he got to go to a lot of faculty meetings. Right now he is dressed up in his PhD regalia, attending Fall Convocation. His classes start on Wednesday.

No comments: