Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Four months old

Ally had her 4-month well-baby check-up yesterday. She is 13 lbs 8.9 oz and 25.25 inches long, which puts her below the 50th percentile in weight, but approaching the 90th percentile in height. She also got her second round of vaccinations, during which she howled very loudly. However, once I picked her up and fed her, she went back to being her happy self.

For the past two nights, Ally has gone to bed shortly after 8pm. This has been nice, because Ben and I have been able to work on schoolwork after she goes to sleep. I am wondering if this is a real shift in her bedtime, or if she is just doing this for a couple days and will revert back to a later bedtime. I have to say though, Ally has really become a very good nighttime sleeper. She sleeps through the night for the vast majority of the time, and she is even taking some substantial naps during the day at daycare. (Of course I realize that as I write this I may be jinxing myself!) She is becoming more fun every day with her smiles and giggles and interest in everything going on around her.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Elizabeth! Nice to know that I'm not the only one feeling like a dairy cow!

Unknown said...

How are you doing?? I don't know how working women do it, going back to work after 6-12 weeks...although the sleep deprivation is getting better. If you facebook, "friend" me and you can check out Benjamin's pics. How is Karyn? Did she have a boy or a girl? Loved the Baptism pictures, although since they Baptize naked Benjamin would have peed in the font. (How totally embarrassing!)
Wayne is settling into life at MUS and likes it a lot, although he does miss teaching girls and says so periodically. (Boys can be such whiners.)
Talk to you later,
Flo Mullins