Thursday, January 14, 2010

They're everywhere!

I am taking a cancer pathobiology class this semester, and we've started the class talking about things that can cause cancer. I am now feeling like the carcinogens are everywhere! My first thought was, well I'll just go move up to a mountain top that's above all the pollutants in the atmosphere and I'll eat all natural and organic foods with no processing, pesticides, or preservatives, and I'll be all calm and stress-free and all. That would take care of it right? Wrong! I forgot about the sunlight! And with less atmosphere up on the mountain, those UV rays would be coming in pretty strong! Well, I guess the lesson to be learned is that you just avoid what you can and don't worry about the rest.

3 comments:

VA said...

I think we all have that urge at some point or another, don't we? Sometimes I think we know too much...like do I really need to know how artificial those chicken nuggets are that I fed the kids for dinner? Just let me drink my chemistry lab-created Diet Coke in peace, please. :)

If you do move up a mountain, would you take us with you?

Dr. Beth Evans said...

VA, I'll let you know when I go up to the mountain. I am with you about the Diet Coke, it may be fake but it tastes so good!

Michelle Casad said...

I'm not much of a diet coke drinker, but I was eating Dr. Pepper and root beer flavored jelly beans recently and wondered "how do they do that!"....probably best if I don't know.