Friday, January 6, 2012

The colon is a funny organ

Last week, Ben's family came to visit.  We had bunches of fun with a total of 13 people and 1 large dog in our house.  Of course, the food was plentiful, and we took turns cooking meals.  Ben's brother Paul made this really good bean dish that was kind of like baked beans with sausage and peppers in it.  I do want to emphasize though that is was pretty heavy on the beans, and I'm not going to lie, several members of the family experienced some "outgassing" shall we say.  You can't really talk about lower digestive system issues without it getting pretty funny, which brought to mind a column written by the humorist Dave Berry.  It first appeared in 2008, and is about his experience getting his first colonoscopy.  I have re-read it several times, and each time, I can't help but laugh.  I am posting the link to his colonoscopy column here.  Enjoy!

1 comment:

Julia said...

Yay for the colon!! Its one of the best organs! :)