Monday, February 13, 2012

Third trimester already???!!!

Man, this pregnancy is going so fast!  Friday, I ushered in the last trimester of my pregnancy by going to the doctor and taking the oral glucose tolerance test.  At least I did not have to exercise afterwards!  At least the sick-to-my-stomach feeling passed pretty quickly this time; no one should ever ingest that much sugar at one time.  It is just gross.

Of course, there are still things that need to get done in these next 12 weeks, and the one that is in my mind's forefront is to finish my dissertation data collection.  I have 14 subjects left to complete, and as long as no one gets sick, decides to drop out, cancels their sessions, or gets disqualified from the study, I think I can get all my subjects through before May.  But my dissertation has thrown me curve balls in the past, and babies do come earlier than their due date, so I guess I just have to be prepared for anything at this point.

In other news, I went on an interview a couple weeks ago for a faculty position at another area institution.  It was a really good experience, and we'll just have to see what comes of it.  There is another employment opportunity in the works around here as well that seems promising, but as nothing is official yet, I need to speak in vague terms.  And I should also give a shout out to my friend Michelle who successfully defended her dissertation a couple weeks ago at Duke.  So I guess there really is a light at the end of this PhD tunnel!

1 comment:

Michelle Casad said...

Ally likes outer space, eh? Miriam is currently obsessed with dinosaurs :)