Friday, March 8, 2013

What is there to talk about?

Well, I guess not much since I have become a rather sporadic blogger as of late!  Truth be told, life is just really busy right now.  Thank goodness for imminent spring break though (UNC is this week, Elon is in 2 weeks).  Here's a recap of the latest happenings:

Ben had gone to 2 conferences in the past month or so:  one in Philadelphia and one in Sorrento, Italy.  He took students to both conferences and it seems that both were quite successful. 

I am burning a lot of rubber on I-40 this semester, teaching part-time at both UNC and Elon.  I also went to a conference last month in Greenville, SC, where I was a finalist for a doctoral student award.

Ally is in preschool now and enjoying it.  She has made some new friends and gotten pretty good at riding bicycles and tricycles.

Amelia is on the move crawling and cruising.  She has sprouted 4 teeth (2 on top, 2 on bottom).  She is pretty smiley, and has just learned how to wave "adios".

So yep, that's the scoop from here!  Maybe when I have some more time (whenever that will be), I will write a "Mommy PhD" series of posts.  I am envisioning such topics as:  "Balancing the life of the Mommy PhD,"  "Could I be "Mommy' without the 'PhD?'", and "Using my kids and their toys to enhance active learning in Human Physiology."  Or something like that.

No comments: