Thursday, May 16, 2013

UNC Graduation Weekend

Last weekend was the Hooding Ceremony for all of us PhD folks who received our degrees between August 2012 and May 2013.  Additionally, my department had its spring commencement ceremony to recognize us grads from the past academic year.  Since I graduated last December, I participated in both.  The ceremonies were kind of long and my individual part was short, but my short moments were really significant to me.  The road to the PhD is not always an easy one, and sometimes it is more of an exercise of perseverance and tenacity than intelligence.  This weekend was a nice way to officially close the graduate school chapter of my life and celebrate with my family, adviser, and fellow Exercise & Sport Science grads and colleagues.

 Me and my adviser, Dr. B.  We were a team for 6 and a half years!  I am also now noticing that I am not wearing my hat 100% correctly!



No comments: