Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Excitement on the homefront

As I said yesterday, I was going to start off my semester break by sleeping in late. I am true to my word, as I did not get up until 11am this morning. HA! Actualy, that is pretty late, and while it is nice to sleep in, it does make me feel like I've wasted half the day.

Anyway, now that I'm on semester break for real, I have a lot of time to myself. I did accomplish some important housewifely duties, like cleaning the downstairs while watching Montel. I got some quality piano-practicing time in too (I'm learning a Clementi Sonatina). I am also enjoying my new pair of running shoes that I bought last week, along with the warm weather we've been having lately. I decided to spice up my run today by doing intervals (short periods of sprinting followed by a longer period of jogging). Generally when I go running, I do what would probably be categorized as "Long Slow Distance" and that can get a bit boring after a while. So today I did a 4-mile run, with miles 1 and 4 at a steady pace, while miles 2 and 3 were the intervals. Since I run in my neighborhood, I divided the intervals into timed increments (30-second sprints followed by 1-minute jogs) rather than distance increments; its easier that way. It was actually really fun, and I think I'll try to incorporate it into my regular running routine.

As for tomorrow's plan, I think I'll go grocery shopping (I'm on the prowl for some really good dried mangoes) and buy Ben's Christmas presents.

No comments: