Sunday, February 24, 2008

Training summary-Week 7

This week, I did a total weekly volume of 44 miles, with 4 easy runs, a tempo run, and a long run of 12 miles this morning. Now that my training volume is above 40 miles, I have to run 6 days a week instead of 5. At first I was thinking it was going to be really hard to only have 1 rest day per week, but so far, I feel pretty much the same as when I ran 5 days a week. Like last week, our weather has been variable, but in temperature and sun/clouds. For example, on Wednesday, I ran in shorts and a t-shirt, while on Friday, I ran in leggings, fleece, hat, and gloves. That's North Carolina winter/spring for you, I guess. When I was out for my long run this morning, I passed behind a house where the smell of freshly baked cinnamon buns was wafting onto the trail. It smelled SOOO good!

7 weeks down, 6 to go

No comments: