Tuesday, September 21, 2010

I made the committment. . .

to run the Carrboro 10K on October 2nd. I just pressed the send button for the registration site. It will be my first road race since April 2008. I had been going back and forth about whether I wanted to do it, because part of me has been wanting to run a race for a while, but the other part of me wasn't sure because I don't want to post a bad time (I mean, if I'm going to pay an entry fee, I want it to be worth it). However, I started increasing my mileage again a few weeks ago and added tempo runs back in, and what do you know, it has been going better than I expected. I last ran this particular race 3 years ago, so I'd love to improve my time and set a new 10K PR. We'll see how it goes; if anything, it will be a lot of fun to be amidst the racing atmosphere, go for a nice run with a bunch of other runners, and chow down on post-race goodies afterwards.

No comments: