Thursday, April 28, 2011

The road to potty-training

Now that Ally is approaching 2 years old (her birthday is next week!) she has achieved a lot of  major milestones.  She has been walking for over a year, she talks up a storm, she's got almost all her teeth, she can feed herself, climb into her car seat, and put on her shoes. And now, the newest skill she is working on is going to the bathroom in the potty.  She first became interested in the potty probably around Christmas time, so we got a potty seat for her to try out.  She liked to sit on it before bathtime, but generally nothing would happen, and if it did, it was probably just coincidence.  But in the last few weeks, she has been wanting to use her potty more and more.  She will even sometimes tell us that she needs to go to the bathroom, and most of the time she's right!  I will be honest, I did not think that potty training was going to happen this early; I guess I always assumed age 2.5 or 3 was when kids got potty-trained.  But I suppose every child is different.  In any case, I think it is pretty cool that Ally wants to go in the potty because it is way less messy than changing diapers!  One downside though; she is back to waking up before 7am because her full diaper bothers her.  I guess that's to be expected though.  Oh well, I guess it's bye-bye to diapers before long!

No comments: