Thursday, February 8, 2007

A house divided

Wednesday was the UNC vs. Duke basketball game, held at Duke. UNC isn't usually favored to win the games they play at Duke, but tonight they won! We watched the game at our house, and we invited Michelle & Andy, Linus the Beagle, and Michelle's labmate Natasha. It was a house divided, as Michelle and Natasha cheered for Duke and Ben and I cheered for UNC. Andy generally stayed neutral, although I think he was starting to lean towards Duke, NOOOOO!!! Linus wore both a Duke blue collar and a UNC collar, but I think his alliance was towards anyone who dropped crumbs on the floor. I have posted some pics below depicting the shift of moods from the beginning of the game to the end.

In other news, Michelle found out that she passed her prelim exams; GO MICHELLE!!!














Michelle and Natasha wearing their Duke garb and Ben and me in our UNC garb. Michelle and Natasha sure do seem confident that their Blue Devils are going to win. . .














Michelle, Natasha, and Linus, lamenting the Blue Devils' loss.














Ben and me, celebrating the Tarheels' win.














Michelle and Natasha mourning, while Ben and I watch.

1 comment:

Michelle Casad said...

Yikes, those are some...um...flattering...pics.....you have to remember that I had been "celebrating" for about 12 hours straight before the game even started...