Saturday, October 4, 2008

Big news

I am happy to finally post that Ben and I are having a baby! We are due sometime around April 27, 2009, meaning that I will be 11 weeks pregnant on Monday. We went to the doctor yesterday and got to hear the baby's heartbeat with the Doppler. This means that the risk of miscarriage is now quite low (~2%), so we are really happy that we have made it over this first big hurdle.

I have been having many of the classic early pregnancy symptoms including nausea, bloating, tiredness, and hot flashes. Right now, I have a cold, so that's kind of ruling my body right now (I hate it when my nose won't stop running). I haven't had any cravings, but I have had some aversions. Right now, certain diet soft drinks and coffee make me feel nauseous. Early on, it was honey-nut cheerios and granola bars.

We will be taking belly progression shots over the course of the pregnancy so that everyone can have the pleasure of viewing my expanding shape. I'll have the first two ready to post by the beginning of next week.