Saturday, April 11, 2009

Sleepless in Chapel Hill

Do you know what I was doing this morning at 4am? I was working on my epidemiology final. No, I was not pulling an all-nighter, and yes, I know that it is the weekend. However, I woke up last night around 2am, and couldn't go back to sleep, so I figured that there was no use stewing about it in bed. So I got up, went downstairs, surfed the net, worked on my final, and wrote some emails. Finally around 5:30am or so, I decided to venture back upstairs to try to get some more sleep. Luckily it worked.

I guess in this last bit of pregnancy, it has been harder to get comfortable and stay comfortable all night. That, coupled with middle-of-the-night trips to the bathroom, does not make for great sleep. I know that this is only the beginning of many sleep-deprived nights and days to come for many months. Sigh.

1 comment:

VA said...

It's your body preparing you for all the sleepless nights! Consider it your homework for parenthood. :)