Monday, April 27, 2009

Updated Belly Progression-40 weeks

Well, here we are on Ally's official due date. As you can see, she is still in the oven, and probably won't be born today, unless something major happens within the next 12 hours, which I'm feeling is not going to be the case. So it looks like she is going to do what about 50% of babies do (according to What to Expect When You're Expecting) and come past her due date. So since May 1st is Friday, my big question is: will she be an April baby or a May baby??? I do know for sure that she won't share her Aunt Megan's May 8th birthday because our induction date (should we need it) is May 3rd, so at the latest, her birthday will be May 4th, which is a week from today.

Now that I'm done with school obligations, I am chilling at home. I'll probably do some laundry today, not because I'm having a nesting instinct (I'm not), but because Ben and I might be running out of clean underwear (the driving factor for when laundry gets done in our house). I might even find something fun to cook or bake. I could also practice piano (something that has gotten really really sporadic this year) and start reading "Mama, PhD", a book that my friend Michelle lent me. In any case, hopefully something exciting will happen in the next few days!

1 comment:

Michelle Casad said...

In our experience, go for a canoe on University Lake, and then get some pizza from Sal's (on MLK and Homestead), go get your carseat checked at the fire department in Carborro, lunch on Weaver St. lawn (sitting in chairs doesn't count), some more pizza leftovers, and then stop by the church for a few moments, and she'll come right out! :)

I swept the floors, which involved getting down to sweep up the piles, but I never actually scrubbed the floors...but it couldn't hurt as well.