Wednesday, December 22, 2010

End of another semester

It is so good, once again, to be on semester break. To have 3 weeks with no schoolwork to do is so amazing. Only in academics do you get such perks. These 3 weeks will involve taking a couple trips to visit family and friends for the holidays, relaxing, playing with my new iPod touch, drinking hot chocolate, just being Ally's mom, and doing whatever else we feel like doing to pass the time. Here are just a few accomplishments from this semester, as well as some reasons that I am particularly glad that this semester is over.

1. Passing my PhD comprehensive exams
2. Forming my dissertation committee
3. No more late-night teaching for Ben
4. No more late-night lecture writing sessions for either me or Ben
5. A break from the never-ending barage of emails in our inboxes

And now, to find some hot chocolate. . .

No comments: