Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Scientists on the road to success

First and foremost, I must congratulate my friend Michelle on receiving a grant from the American Heart Association. Michelle is a grad student at Duke, working on her Ph.D. in cell biology, additionally, she is an excellent pianist and handbell-ringer. GO MICHELLE!!!

Today, I started back to writing my thesis, as I have a meeting with my advisor next Monday, where I am supposed to turn in rough drafts of Chapters 1-3 (introduction, lit review, and methodology). I now have VERY rough drafts of Ch's 1 and 3, and a rough outline of Ch. 2. Our goals for the summer are to get these chapters written so that I can propose my thesis when school starts back in August. Then it's onto the really fun stuff: getting IRB approval, recruiting subjects, collecting data, analyzing the results, and figuring out what it all means.

In the words of Bill Nye the Science Guy, "Science rules!"

No comments: