Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Snow!

I will admit, I don't trust the weatherpeople down here when they try to predict snow. They have given us false hope way too many times for me to believe them when they say we're going to get snow. So anyway, on Sunday and Monday, the weatherpeople were all saying how on Monday night/early Tuesday morning, we were going to get anywhere between 1-5" of snow, depending on the county. Well, this time they got it right, and yesterday, we woke up to a couple inches or so of snow! I was so happy. I still went to school, because UNC was still open, and Chapel Hill Transit was still running. However, my afternoon class was cancelled, so I did come home a bit earlier than normal, which is always nice.

The snow is still around today because we had very cold temps last night, and I'm not even sure if we're above freezing right now. In any case, everything looks pretty, and I hope it stays around for a little bit longer. We don't get much snow down south, so this is a real treat for us!

No comments: