Thursday, August 23, 2007

A new semester

Well, the fall semester officially began this week. Campus is crawling again with students, and classes are back in session. On the one hand, I feel like I had a pretty long summer vacation, but on the other hand, it feels like I never left. I only have 2 real classes this semester: Seminar in Exercise Physiology, and Exercise Testing and Prescription in the Healthy Population, and then I am also taking 3 credit hours of thesis research. My assistantship is a bit different this year too. Last year, I taught a bunch of PE classes, and I was the TA for the undergrad Human Physiology class. This semester, I am only teaching 1 PE class (YES!!!!!); for the rest of my assistantship, I am once again the TA for undergrad Human Physiology, plus I am a research assistant to one of my thesis committee members. I think this is going to be a good year. I am looking forward to getting my comps out of the way so I can propose my thesis and start collecting data. Other highlights of the semester will include applying to the PhD program in Human Movement Sciences at UNC, and maybe applying for some predoctoral fellowships.

No comments: