Sunday, August 26, 2007

Training-Week 6 summary

Half marathon: It is still really hot and humid, so the massive stink and sweat production continues. I am now in the 30-35 weekly mileage range, which is more than I've ever done before. Today's long run was a record 11 miles. Unfortunately my ipod battery ran out right around mile 6, so the last 5 miles of my run felt like a long time since I didn't have my music to distract me. Now that I am into the heavy weekly mileage (well, heavy for me), and since it will keep increasing, I have to really make sure that I eat enough carbohydrates and drink lots of water. The former isn't too hard; I do like my carbs :) However, I could always be better about hydration, so I just need to make sure I keep my water bottle full.

6 weeks down, 10 to go.

Comps: Well, we're entering the home stretch. I'm almost finished going through all the topics; I just have a section on anaerobic training left to go over. After I finish that; I will work on the remaining study questions and review notes. In my Seminar class, our professor is going to give us some test-taking strategies to help us with time management on test day. One really good piece of news: there is a strong possibility that we get to type our comps answers this year.

6 weeks down, 3 to go.

No comments: