Sunday, August 5, 2007

Training-Week 3 summary

Half marathon: The mornings this past week was hotter and more humid than in the past, in my opinion. It's a good thing I decided to slow down my easy runs because otherwise I would have been very uncomfortable. Today I hit a milestone as I did my first 10 mile run. Haha, I've broken through to the double digits! When I finished, I was soaking with sweat, really really thirsty, and a little bit sore. I am really looking forward to cooler weather.

3 weeks down, 13 to go.

Comps: I did some practice questions on metabolism, muscle, cardiovascular, and respiration physiology and started delving into the endocrine system. The endocrine and immune systems are next on my list, and this is the point where I start to get a little scared because we went into a lot of depth with these topics, particularly in our Advanced Topics class this past spring, so there is a lot of information to process. Also, this past year was the first year we had and Advanced Topics in Exercise Physiology class, meaning that there aren't really any previous comp questions about the immune system or in-depth endocrine topics for me to practice writing.

I think I need a bigger brain with more memory and a faster processor!

3 weeks down, 6 to go.

No comments: