Monday, August 20, 2007

Training-Week 5 summary

Half marathon: This week got a little more intense, as I not only inreased the overall mileage, but also the pace. It is still really really hot and humid. I went out early Thursday morning to do my tempo run, and it was like 76 degrees and 90% humidity, even at 6:30 in the morning! Needless to say, I have reached new levels of sweat production, both in volume and stink. Yes, that's right, girls sweat too!

5 weeks down, 11 to go.

Comps: I had gotten a little behind when Ben and I were on vacation in Asheville, but I played catch up this week, and now I'm back on schedule. This week, I'm learning about all the wonderful physiological things that happen to us when we age (good news, exercise can help slow some of it!).

5 weeks down, 4 to go.

No comments: