Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Subconsciously anxious?

Although I've told my conscious self that I'm not going to get stressed out by comps, apparently my subconscious isn't listening. Here are two dreams I've had so far about comps.

1. I took comps, but I only passed 4 of the 6 questions. The answer to one of the questions didn't even have anything to do with exercise physiology; instead, it was some physics equation, which incidentally, I actually did get right. However, I couldn't really be that upset about failing 2 questions because I hadn't studied at all.

2. I was in the middle of taking comps, but this time the test had 9 or 10 questions on it. I was near the end, with like 2 questions to go, and I realized that I had not provided enough information on any of the previous questions. To make matters worse, I only had about 20 minutes left to finish. I didn't know whether I should just finish the test or go back and fix the questions I'd already done. Either way, I was screwed.

If any of you out there have had/are currently having similar anxiety dreams, please feel free to leave your comments. We can all share a good laugh.

2 comments:

Michelle Casad said...

I get very relevant dreams when I am worried too....most of the wedding dreams were the funniest - I was always running around looking for my shoes, and I could never find them.

For prelims, I don't remember specific dreams, but I probably repressed those memories for my psychological well-being :)

Dr. Beth Evans said...

I had similar dreams before I got married, although mine tended to be along the lines of getting to the church and being all ready to walk down the aisle, but forgetting exactly who I was supposed to be marrying!