Monday, July 23, 2007

Training-Week 1 summary

As I wrote in a prior post, I am currently training for both a half-marathon and my masters comprehensive exams. I've now completed 1 week for each. Here's how everything is going.

Half-marathon: Everything is good so far. I did all the assigned runs for last week, including a 9-mile long run yesterday morning. It felt great. Today is a rest day, so instead of running this morning, I went out and bought myself a new pair of running shoes (my other ones were about 7 months old, so it was time for the switch). I'm looking forward to hitting the pavement with them tomorrow.

One week down, 15 to go.

Comps: I feel like it's slow-going, but maybe that's just because there's so much material to cover. I started out with metabolism, macronutrients, and vitamins/minerals because they're all sort of inter-related. I had intended to start a new set of topics today, but I'm not finished with proteins, and I really want to try to start working on answering some of the prior years' comp questions. And having said that, time to hit the books.

One weeekd down, 8 to go.

No comments: